Just across from King’s Beach and Red Rock Park is the Christian Science Reading Room and Bookstore inviting you to explore the various Bible Lessons and Bible study resources available for sale and research. Also in stock are biographies and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy, who discovered Christian Science in 1866 and first began her Christian healing here in Lynn. She loved to spend quiet time at Red Rock and it was along this very beach that she healed a little boy of clubbed feet. From her lifelong study of the Bible came her best selling “Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures”, first published while living at 8 Broad Street in 1875.
The Reading Room is located inside First Church of Christ, Scientist. This setting also includes a peaceful and comfortable place in the church pews for those looking for some quiet time.
Currently, Reading Room hours are: Wednesdays 5:00-7:00PM, Saturdays 2:00-4:00PM.
Please call if you cannot make any of these times and we will try to make other arrangements where possible. Do come visit when you can!
Sunday morning church services and Sunday School held at 10:45 and the Wednesday evening testimony meetings at 7:30, which everyone is welcome to attend.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees