LEO Inc.’s mission is to strengthen the Greater Lynn community through resources and services that provide opportunities for children, families and individuals to thrive. We partner with residents of Lynn, Lynnfield, Marblehead, Nahant, Saugus, Swampscott, and Wakefield to increase participation in programs that maximize their potential.
LEO is one of the largest providers of early education and care in southern Essex County, with Head Start and Early Head Start programs for children from birth to age 5. LEO uses a two-generation approach to construct the foundation children need to be successful in school and beyond. We aim to close the achievement gap by helping young children develop the social, emotional and academic skills they need for kindergarten. We work simultaneously and intentionally with the adults in their lives, offering parenting workshops so that adults can be meaningful and effective caregivers. LEO also runs classes in the skills adults need to promote themselves in the workforce, such as English language literacy, financial competency, and food service certification. We believe that parents who are thriving financially and emotionally create stable home environments and serve as positive role models for their children.
As the region’s community action agency, LEO helps individuals and families manage the challenges of everyday life: shelter or food insecurity, the high cost of home heating, inoperable or unsafe heating and utility systems in their homes. Our community services office works with more than 3,100 households annually to assess and avoid common roadblocks to success. An important part of LEO’s model is to leverage our collaborations and alliances with 50+ nonprofits and agencies to help serve our neighbors in crisis. Our holistic approach connects adults and children to a broad network of resources that supports LEO’s core mission, which ensures that every individual and family in need receives the attention and assistance they deserve.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees