- DART WORLD HISTORY
In 1970 Dart World was opened by Paul Hong. Paul was influential in bringing darts to New England, and he was instrumental in the creation of the Minuteman Dart League in 1974. The Minuteman Dart League has grown to be one of the largest leagues in the country today. Paul moved the company to Lynn, Massachusetts in 1977, where he met Don Amirault and a business relationship began. Don opened his first dart store, Darts & Parts, in the summer of 1977 and quickly became the place for players to shop, with people traveling as far as 100 miles away. In 1983 Don opened his second store in Waltham, Massachusetts which was a success and, two years later, opened his third store in Ipswich, Massachusetts.
Mark Amirault (Don’s brother) was Paul Hong’s first employee at Dart World’s new location in Lynn. Mark learned all facets of the dart industry from beginning to end with his 7 year tenure at Dart World. After graduating from college with an accounting degree, Mark joined Don as his partner in the store operations. Don & Mark became a Dart World Distributor in 1986. Stressing quality customer service and quick response shipping, they built a very loyal customer base.
After building their wholesale business to a point of becoming Paul’s largest customer, Don & Mark purchased Dart World, Inc. in May of 1988. The emphasis on quality customer service and expeditious shipping is an attribute that Mark & Don brought with them and is an important part of Dart World’s philosophy for business.
Dart World has set the standard for quality product, exceptional service, and innovative packaging. These attributes were a consideration when Mark & Don applied for the Anheuser-Busch product license in 1991. In addition to Budweiser® licensed products, Dart World has a license with Harley-Davidson®.
Dart World is the exclusive American distributor for Harrows Darts of England. Except for a brief hiatus, both companies have enjoyed a 40 year relationship. Harrows shares Dart World’s progressive and innovative approach to the darts market. Together the team of Harrows and Dart World bring to the industry the best of both worlds: Quality Product and Exceptional Service.
Today’s Dart World sells its product domestically and internationally and participates in major sporting goods trade shows. The company’s 144 page catalog features a complete line of darts and accessories, poker and game room supplies, and offers the consumer quality product and exceptional service.
We appreciate all of our customers who have patronized us these past 45 years, and those who are new to Dart World. We will continue bringing you the newest most innovative products from our design team and look forward to serving you in the future.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees