We think of Essex Media Group as a 140-year-old start-up.
EMG was formed in 2014 to purchase The Daily Item, which had been a family-owned newspaper since its inception in 1877. While the Item, which publishes six days a week, remains the flagship publication, it is no longer an only child.
In less than three years, EMG has launched two magazines – 01907 and One – and a Spanish-language newspaper, La Voz; reinstituted the popular North Shore Golf magazine; and purchased the Lynnfield Weekly News, Peabody Weekly News and Suburban Real Estate News.
EMG, comprised of seven investors with direct ties to Lynn and the North Shore, has 40 full-time employees based in downtown Lynn. With its multi-media portfolio that includes eight publications, EMG’s total print circulation is more than 100,000. EMG’s digital readership has also seen tremendous growth with itemlive.com’s vibrant online offerings.
The growth is central to EMG’s goal of re-shaping and re-imagining how news and information are delivered to readers in its coverage area, which includes Lynn, Lynnfield, Marblehead, Nahant, Peabody, Revere, Saugus, and Swampscott, and its two newest communities, Malden and Medford.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees