Farquhar & Black is one of the oldest insurance agencies in America, providing insurance for individuals and businesses on the North Shore in Massachusetts since 1854. Our breadth and depth of experience and knowledge enables us to tailor an insurance program that fits your needs. And our staff is always here for you to answer your questions and provide you with the information that you need to make smart choices regarding your insurance.
What’s more, as independent insurance agents, we represent many different insurance companies, which enables us to secure the best coverage for your particular needs at a competitive price. Our company partners are rated “A” (Excellent) or better by A.M. Best Company, the insurance industry’s financial watchdog, assuring that the company you are doing business with today will be here for you tomorrow.
We invite you to look at our complete portfolio of insurance products and services, which includes personal insurance: auto, homeowners, renters and condo coverages in addition to plans that protect your boat, RV, motorcycle, and mobile home. Farquhar & Black also provides businesses with a comprehensive insurance program to protect your property, assets, management and employees. We specialize in a number of niche markets and offer a full suite of surety bonds.
Give us call today to discuss your particular needs and how we can serve you. We are very proud to be such an integral part of the communities we serve throughout the Commonwealth, including Nahant, Peabody, Swampscott, and Lynn, MA.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees