J & S Transport operates as a fuel transporter out of Lynn, MA. Our primary focus is based on supplying fuel hauling services for fuel distributors to retail gas stations and distribution depots. In addition, J & S Transport is equipped with pump out capability in the event of an emergency, product contamination, and product transfer or product testing for new station tanks that have been installed.
John and Sharon Hamel, the founding owner/family, still operate successfully today. The company was formed based upon the background and experience of John and Sharon, who both having their careers developed in the fuel transportation industry. In addition, John had broaden his career and experience hauling for various trucking firms assuring that his background and credibility was solidified in most hauling industries. The company, when formed, was made up of one tractor/trailer and only consisted of John and one additional driver. To provide the most economic benefit the truck was worked around the clock.
The company has now expanded to a fleet of thirteen tractors, thirteen tanker trailers with one Owner Operator. John and Sharon continue to maintain the company’s stability and success, leading the effort, and providing the direction and guidance to orchestrate the day to day activities of running the company. Additionally they have responsibility of controlling the accounting and financial practices and procedures, administration of Safety Practices/Procedures, constant communication to new potential customers and provide focus on new driver acquisition and training.
Safety is a critical component to the continued success of J&S Transport. We are totally committed to safety and brought on board Steve Powers, a full-time Director of Safety & Compliance, specifically focused on safety policies, regulatory compliance, practices at J&S Transport and our industry as a whole. This focus on safety will ensure we are compliant with Federal, State and local regulations as well as implementing the best available practices and policies. Steve is an accredited Certified Director of Safety (CDS) with experience and knowledge gained through many years in the transportation industry.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees