The REAL Program is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve literacy in Lynn.
Three areas of focus:
Before Home Program
The Before Home Program provides children from the Brickett School with tutoring assistance, reading support, healthy snacks, clubs, and outdoor activities. Rooted in Reggio Emilia-inspired practice, we encourage hands-on learning, self-directed exploration. The REAL Program caters to our children’s many different styles of learning and needs by offering caring, experienced volunteer teachers, multitudes of learning materials and books, and opportunities to learn about themselves, each other, and the world around them in our outdoor classroom and on field trips. The majority of our students attend the Bricket School in Lynn, MA.
Family Literacy Program
The Family Literacy program offers families the level of support they need to better advocate for their children and support their children’s educational success. By providing ESL classes, supplementary assistance of food and necessities, and access to books through the community via our Little Free Libraries and community partnerships, we acknowledge that the children’s primary teachers are their parents, and offer them support to succeed as such.
The REAL Preschool, still in its development phase, will similarly guide children with a Reggio Emilio-inspired curriculum, to better prepare our youngest community members for educational success. Our post-COVID vision includes a half-day preschool for the under-resourced children of Lynn, with a teacher training component. We have recently finished building out a new bathroom and bringing all of the building up to code to prepare for the opening of the preschool, including a brand new sprinkler system. Stay tuned for more information!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees