The North Shore Workforce Board (NSWB) is composed of knowledgeable and influential business and community leaders who are appointed by the Mayor of Salem on behalf of the nineteen communities that make up the North Shore region.
The board serves as the oversight and policy-making body for federally funded employment and training services in the region. The board also has the broader role of addressing critical labor market issues and developing strategic partnerships with local leaders in economic development, the K-12 and higher education system, government agencies, chambers of commerce, community-based, and labor organizations.
The board charters and oversees a one-stop career center, North Shore Career Center, located in Salem, with a satellite offices throughout the North Shore.
The NSWB is comprised of over 40 local business, industry, labor, education and training leaders that have statutory authority to fund and promote workforce development initiatives throughout our 19 city and town region, which includes:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees