On behalf of my team, welcome to the Department of Community Development. From the Community Development Block Grant, the Lynn power lines relocation project, the management of Lynn’s Seaport Marina to a host of other small and large scale initiatives, our staff works on a myriad of projects.
Please utilize this website as a tool to find more information about what we do and how we can help you, your organization or business succeed. Thanks for stopping by and don’t hesitate to e-mail or call our office.
Community Development Director
Our mission revolves around effectively utilizing our time, energy and resources in planning, promoting, rehabilitating and enhancing the City of Lynn and its natural and manmade resources.
What We Do
We administer the federal community development block grant program, the Section 108 Loan program, expand housing opportunities, promote trade, industry and business development, and seek the funds necessary to carry out these objectives.
We work with a variety of entities to achieve these goals including the Lynn Mayor’s Office, the Lynn City Council, Lynn EDIC, Lynn Inspectional Services Department, the Lynn Housing Authority and Neighborhood Development, the Lynn Department of Public Works and a variety of private partners and public non-profits.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees