We’re a different kind of bank
At Salem Five, we make banking better by listening, building strong relationships, and constantly innovating. Working hand in hand, we can meet your needs like no other bank.
Who we are
Banks come in all sizes. Tiny, local banks will always know their customers’ names, but lack the resources to offer a full suite of services at competitive rates. In contrast, huge corporations can leverage powerful resources, but lack commitment to community and a personal touch.
Salem Five is just the right size. With over 160 years of service to the greater Boston area, 36 local stores, and assets in excess of $5 billion, we offer a full suite of products and services at the best rates around—and, when you come into your branch, we’ll still know your name and how you take your coffee.
Through our subsidiaries, Salem Five Mortgage Company, LLC and Salem Five Insurance Agency, LLC, we meet the diverse financial needs of individual consumers, small businesses, and middle market companies throughout our region.
Salem Five is a mutual savings bank
Salem Five is owned and operated for the benefit of its customers. As an FDIC insured mutual bank with no stock holders, we’re accountable to our customers, employees, and communities.
Mutual banks work to control risk and act as a stable influence in local markets because most of our customers, both commercial and consumer, live and do business in our community. Since we’re not publicly held and have no stockholders, we can make business decisions with a long-term perspective, building mutually beneficial relationships and maintaining a great degree of flexibility.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees