RCB was established in 1886, shortly after cooperative banking in Massachusetts began, with a mission to make it possible for the average “workingman” to purchase a home. We’re proud to continue our tradition of helping all kinds of people and businesses realize their plans and dreams.
RCB has a board of directors democratically elected by our customers, and bylaws that govern how we operate. Our employees and customers recently voted to amend our bylaws, making it harder to convert the bank’s charter. Now, a supermajority and two-thirds of our customers with checking or savings accounts are needed for a change to happen.
The Reading Cooperative Charitable Foundation grew out of our cooperative spirit: people joining together to meet the financial needs of the communities we serve. Today, the Foundation awards grants for causes like education, the arts, the environment, and fighting poverty.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees