What is assisted living? What types of services are available?
The term “assisted living” can be defined in many ways and may mean something very different at each senior living community that you visit. Typically, two or three meals a day are provided, with the availability (typically for an additional fee) of personal care, housekeeping, and laundry, and other services.
Some buildings which offer assisted living provide up to an hour of care each day, and anything over that time limit requires the resident to either move out, or to hire a private aide. Other communities offer higher levels of care which are not time-limited, and may include full continence care, one and two-person assistance with transferring, full assistance with all Activities of Daily Living, and more. It’s important to discuss any service limitations with the communities you are considering. It’s also important to understand that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has regulations within which each assisted living community must operate, so even if a facility offers skilled nursing on-site, this skilled care cannot be offered in an assisted living setting.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Ask a Question
- Economic Development & Planning Committee (EDP) – 1st Wednesday of each month
- Business and community leaders partner to advocate for the advancement of business initiatives, transportation systems, and community housing needs.
- Government Affairs Committee (GAC) – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Business, municipal, and legislative leaders partner to address issues that impact the business community.
Professional Development and Consulting
- Access to Professional Development programs for Owners, Managers, and Staff Members
- Supervisors Training Program
- Access to Business Training Programs
- Lunchtime learning webinar series
- SCORE Business Consultants
- Annual Business Check-up
- Need-based consulting & On-running business support
Marketing, Advertising, and Networking
- Member News
- Include custom messages in emails sent twice monthly to over 6,300 email contacts
- Social Media
- Business promo to GLCC social media followers – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Membership Directory & Community Guide
- Membership listing in our printed and digital, interactive membership directory
- Website Listing
- Customized web page, searchable by name and industry. Add your local deals and events to our site
- Community Calendar
- Send us your event info, and we’ll post it on our online calendar!
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Sponsor the website, a program series, and/or an event
- Participate in our Chamber Networking Group
- Ribbon Cutting Networking Events
- Morning and Evening social and networking events
Member-to-Member Benefits and Discounts
- Member referrals
- Member-only discounts on products and services for the business and all employees